Thoroughly cleanse your skin and allow to dry completely. Using your free hand to pull the skin taut, move the PMD Personal Microderm across the skin in the way that is comfortable to you. NOTE: Do not make more than two passes over one area during the treatment. Avoid the soft tissue areas near your eye sockets.
Follow the treatment with a calming, alcohol-free toner to neutralize the pH balance of your skin, and a recovery moisturizer. Let your skin recover.
Wait 6-7 days between treatments.
Use the white ‘practice disc’ for your first time. The small discs are for facial use. The large discs of the PMD can be used on any area of the body including arms, back, legs, feet, scars and stretch marks.
1. Do not use any peel products like alpha and beta hydorxy acid, retin A or retinol products 48 hours before or after using the PMD without consulting a physician.
2. If on Accutane, do not use or consult a physician.
3. Do not use if seeing a physician for serious skin conditions, have extremely sensitive skin or are taking prescriptions without consulting a physician.
4. Do not use directly above or below the eyes.
5. Do not hover in one spot.
6. Do not keep going over the same spot multiple times. What the PMD is doing is not always visible. Be patient and learn over 2 to 3 uses how best to apply the treatments on the skin.
7. Do not continue to apply the treatment if you feel pain. Pain will come if you have been too aggressive .You will feel tingling and distinct sensation but it should not be painful. Gauge this on your skin type.
8. Consult a physician if pregnant.